Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Strength is in the Lord!

The Lord continues to strengthen Papa. This past Sunday Papa returned to the hospital with excruciating pain and a high fever due to an infection. He was possibly facing surgery, but thanks be to God it was cancelled. Doctors have started his cancer treatment AND his infection is under control. PRAISE THE LORD!

Another praise report is that his appetite is returning. Yesterday he enjoyed lunch with his granddaughters, Natorie and Farrah, daughter, Victoria, and amazing wife, Linda. Farrah was thrilled to bring along Papa's Bible so she could read his favorite scriptures to him.

The day was full of visitors including his Pastor (Bro. Jonathan Shoemake) as well as many of his church family. Papa particularly cherished the time with an extra special visitor, his son, Isaac.

2 comments:

  1. Pop,

    I loved the time we spent together yesterday. We ate lunch and then everyone left the room. I had you and Nan to myself. I was so proud to read to you from your favorite book, the Bible. I promise to be back tonight and read to you again.

    Hey Pop, Hurry and get better ....Then you can come over and play at my house. (I promise not to make my own rules on every game) :-)

    Your the Bestest Pop Ever~
    I LOVE YOU,

    Princess Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm speechless but knowing that he will get better.
    love this post.
    you'r in my prayers.

    god bless,
    frances

    ReplyDelete